Saturday, May 6, 2017

3⅓¢ cards (card show haul)

Hey guys, I've been getting behind with posting. That whole stray dog situation from last weekend had me down in the dumps for a few days and I didn't really pull out of it till midweek. But there's been plenty to cheer me up recently, with my wife and I hitting up the big Bridgetown comedy fest, catching live performances from the likes of Patton Oswalt, Janeane Garofalo, and other less-famous but still very funny comedians. And on top of all the laughs, I've received great card packages from Jedi Jeff, Commishbob, and gcrl.. plus still sorting out the huge lot from Rod. And a box on the way from the Tim Wallach collector. Plenty of incoming cards over here. I haven't even bothered ripping May's box from my Black Friday stockpile yet! That's saying something. I usually tear into the monthly box on the 1st or 2nd of the month.

So anyways, before I get too far behind, I feel I need to finish showing off my card show haul from last weekend (part 1 here, if you missed it). The cards in this here post were from a nickelbox dig. It was a 25/$1 deal, but the guy kindly let me have 60 cards for 2 bucks, working out to 3⅓¢ per card.


Let's kick off with some shiny. Regardless of player or team, I can't pass up a refractor for that kind of price. They're visually appealing and always cool to throw into a trade package to add some rainbow-shine magic. These above are all available for trade, so give me a shout if you want me to set any aside for you.


A couple Padres favorites of the past for me.


More bad-ass dudes I collect.


Most of my haul from the box were recent cards, but here are a few older cards.


Here's a trio of big name rookie cups from 2013 Opening Day.


These early Nolan Arenado cards were cool to come across.. even had to pick up a dupe RC for that price.


The card I was probably most surprised to land for under a nickel is this Madison Bumgarner 2007 1st Bowman Card. Derpy pitching face on this card aside, and his bonehead motorbike crash dooming the Giants' 2017 season, he's one of the best pitchers of his era, particularly legendary in the postseason.


More various Bowman cards.. some notable names.


Some 2010 1st Bowman Chrome cards of guys who made the show.


Finally, some lovely junk from 1990 including a couple Steady Eddies, and it was just a month ago I posted about restarting a little Kevin Maas PC.. happy to find these key rookie cards I needed.

So there you go. Maybe a few cards not-pictured already set aside for trader buddies, but that's the jist of it. Not a bad haul for just a couple bucks!

That's it for today. Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. sweet deals for three and one thirds cents each! who could turn down shiny cards at this price? Thanks for sharing these goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - refractors at that price are too hard to pass up. If anything, great filler on trade packages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to pass for a few pennies a card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tough to beat 3.333333 cent cards. Great finds on the Arenado and Bumgarner rookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word. 3.333 cents a card? It seems like every weekend you're posting sweet card show posts. I need to move to another zip code.... I feel like I'm living in a card show void. So Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet deals! Beats my card show haul by a mile.

    ReplyDelete